SLC TWIN PRO2 T ULOn-line double conversion UPS 6 and 10 kVA
Enhanced protection for mid-range systems with single-phase power supply
How do I install ViewPower for Linux?
- Go to the website www.salicru.com
- From the top menu bar select “Products” and click on “Home” and then “UPS”.
- Once inside, select “SPS ONE”.
- Click on “Software” and a list of programmes will appear for different operating systems, where you can also download the UPS manual. Download the appropriate version of “ViewPower” for Linux.
- Once downloaded, unzip the file and then press: "Ctrl + Alt + T" together to enter the Terminal and once inside enter: "./installViewPower_Linux_x86_64.bin".
- A wizard will appear for you to select the software language and start installation. Select the installation folder (Recommended: Leave by default).
- Once configuration is complete, a window will appear. Click “Open Monitor” to open the browser and show the configuration options.
Important: You will need to have “Adobe Flash Player” installed for this step.
How do I access ViewPower once it is installed?
- Press "Ctrl + Alt + T" together to enter the Terminal and once inside log in as Administrator with the order "sudo -i".
- Then enter the command "cd /" and access the ViewPower directory, in this case “cd home/salicru/ViewPower1.02/”.
- Once inside the ViewPower directory, execute the service with the order “./upsMonitor start”.
- To terminate, open your browser and go to “http://localhost:15178/ViewPower/#”.
- Important: You will need to have “Adobe Flash Player” installed and allow your browser to access it.
When I open ViewPower, the browser opens but nothing appears
- To use ViewPower with your browser, you must have the latest version of “Adobe Flash Player” installed.
- One way to download and install “Adobe Flash Player” is as follows: o Go to Terminal by pressing "Ctrl + Alt + T". o Enter the following command to download it: “sudo apt update”. o And to install it: “sudo apt install adobe-flashplugin”.
- Once installed, open your browser and go to “http://localhost:15178/ViewPower/#” where you can now see the UPS monitor.
How do I configure UPS email alerts in ViewPower?
- To do this, open ViewPower.
- From the top menu bar, click “ViewPower Configuration” and select the “Email” option.
- If you use the office365 mailbox, you must complete the different sections manually. Enter “smtp.office365.com” in “SMTP Server” section and “587” and “TLS” in “Port” section. In the section "Send from", you must indicate your email address, mail user in "User name" (email address) and "Password authentication required" and enter it. Then indicate the email address at which you want to receive Emails "Email address".
- Click "Apply" to save changes.
If you use the gmail mailbox, you must complete the different sections manually. Enter “smtp.gmail.com” in “SMTP Server” section and “465” and “SSL” in “Port” section. In the section "Send from", you must indicate your email address, mail user in "User name" (email address) and "Password authentication required" and enter it. Then indicate the email address at which you want to receive Emails "Email address".
Click "Apply" to save changes.
I’ve configured the options but it doesn’t let me apply the changes
To log in as Administrator, click "Login" at the top. The default password is “administrator”.
NOTE: If you do not and you try to make changes to the default settings, it will automatically ask you to log in by entering the administrator’s password.
I’ve configured the UPS to turn off remotely in ViewPower, but it doesn’t
- To be able to turn off the computer remotely, you must have ViewPower installed.
- Open WinPower.
- Click on the tab in the menu at the top “UPS settings” > “Local shutdown” and enable the option “Accept the remote system shutdown command”.
- Enter the IPs of the PCs you want to turn off remotely and click “Add”.
Can I send messages to mobiles from ViewPower?
The mobile messaging function is available but requires a component that has to be purchased separately.
- Go to www.salicru.com.
- From the top menu bar, select “Technical Support”, and then “Online Support” from the drop down menu.
- If you do not have an account, click “Sign up here”.
- Fill in the form with your details to sign up. If sign up is successful, you will receive a message to the email address you gave during sign up.
Accessing the chat:
To contact technical support, click “How can we help you?” in the bottom right-hand corner. A window containing your details will open where you can write your question.
Not found your solution?
Enter here to fill out your incident request form.