Efficient municipal public lighting can mean savings of up to 20% on energy, and we did not pull that out of the thin air, as according to the latest studies conducted, public lighting represents 60% of the electrical consumption in municipalities, which means it is essential to adopt savings and efficiency measures in order to reduce consumption.
Among the energy savings systems in this sector of public lighting, we can highlight the use of new lamps which are ever more efficient, the new voltage stabilization equipment, head-end lighting flux regulation, crepuscular and astronomic switches, telemanagement systems and failure detection.
The stabilizers-lighting flux reducers in one single device, provide a long list of benefits such as:
- Energy savings: the additional cost of energy is eliminated and enables different levels of lighting with user-defined duration and intensity.
- Increase in the duration and performance of the lamps: the useful life of the lamps is extended as they are not subjected to voltage variations.
- Reduction in maintenance costs: given that the lamps last longer, replacements are more spaced out. They also reduce the failure of auxiliary equipment due to power surges. The preventative maintenance costs are also reduced through the lighting remote control.
- Improved quality: the levels of lighting can be adjusted to different values in accordance with the requirements of the facility and the period of use. You don’t have to stick to the pre-set ranges.
- Easy installation: the stabilizer-reducer is installed at the line header without any need for pilot lights at each illumination point. This enables their assembly in new facilities as well as others that are already in service, without any need for further work.
- Independent phase regulation: they become activated only on the phase that suffers from the fluctuations.
- System telemanagement: the use of the telemanagement systems means an exhaustive control over the lighting and a significant optimization of the available resources. New remote control objectives are met at the facilities, as well as the management of alarms in real time.
The ILUEST and ILUEST+ lighting flow dimmer stabilisers provide all of the benefits described herein with the security and experience of Salicru, which has been present on the public lighting market for more than fifteen years.